Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Stripes and polka dots forever - shop my closet

My love of black & white and all things polka dot and striped is showing.....

It was a truly beautiful day in the city today. The weather was in the 80's.  Everyone was in a good mood.

When I woke up this morning, for some reason I felt bold. Funny how the weather can effect your mood.

Mixing patterns is not something I do on a regular basis because I don't think that I am particularly good at it, but today I was up for a change.  So I paired a black & white striped jacket I bought last summer at Banana Republic with a pair of black side zip slacks by Vince Camuto.  Then I added a polka dot sleeveless blouse by Ann Taylor.  Topped it off with a pair of pointy toe black & white flats by Tildon.

Off to work I went, feeling pretty stylish. I got a lot of compliments on my outfit, even the bus driver said I looked cute. (I'll take my compliments where I can get them) I'm convinced that feeling good about what you wear helps you feel more confident. Confidence is the key to pulling off a stylish and put together look! This could be the start of something big!


 Black & White Jacket by Banana Republic - Slacks by Vince Camuto @ Nordstrom


 shoes by Tildon - Naples pointy toe flat


Alternative - sub a Black & White blouse by Vince Camuto



Another variation - pair a black & white skirt by Vince Camuto

I am still not satisfied with my photo backdrop so I will be looking to come up with something else. In the meantime I will continue to post and experiment.  I've looked back at a lot of blogs and most of them weren't perfect when they began.  I figure I will get better with time, so I'm not going to beat myself up.  In the past, I have been very concerned with getting things perfect right away.  So, this definitely a  change for me. 
Go on with your bad self!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment