Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Feelin a little Wild and Cray Cray!


Milan Fashion Week  Source
Pattern mixing is definitely a wild new fashion trend -- It is everywhere.  I've been checking out Pinterest and many of the other fashion blogs and I must admit, some of the combinations are way too wild and crazy for this ole gal!!  Now that doesn't mean I don't like some of the pattern mixing combinations, but I'm often a little late for the fashion train.  And, I also don't have the guts (yet) to try many of them.  I am a little more classic in my style.  But, that being said, there have been other fashion trends that I have 'poo poohed' in the beginning and later ended up liking.  I guess, some trends just have to grow on me.  So stay tuned!

I've done a little pattern mixing experimentation with black and white and....

Practice makes perfect!

So, today I used the concept of one common color pattern mixing.
This past weekend I moved my summer clothing from my main closet into my small wardrobe and organized them by color.  I chose a colorful, floral yellow, dark blue and green blouse by Jones of NY and was going to wear it with a pair of navy slacks (can you say b-o-r-i-n-g).  As I looked through the blue/navy group I spotted a rose patterned pencil skirt by Bobeau.  I pulled it out and decided to try pairing it with the blouse.  I have never even thought of wearing these 2 pieces together.  Since I was going to work and because it was a bit nippy outside, I combined the skirt and top with a pair of navy blue tights and a dark blue/navy cardigan also by Mod.Lusive by Bobeau.


My Tuesday outfit














Have you stepped out of your comfort zone and started exploring 

the myriad world of prints and patterns?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment