Friday, September 5, 2014

Hot Town, Summer in the City

What do you have planned for the weekend?
Summer in the City
The Lovin Spoonful 1966

While I've been busy reading fashion blogs by people packing up their summer clothes and breaking out the sweaters, every fall us San Franciscans look forward to the arrival of what we call, our Indian summer … that sudden rise in temperature when the thermostat registers in the high 80s.


Summer in The City

But, I think I'm going to take it easy this weekend. I had a pretty full schedule last weekend with 2 parties and a sailing trip.   Next weekend we have a wedding to attend so I think I'll start figuring out what to wear.  Maybe I'll share some of my options on the blog. There's also NFL Football and my Niners play on Sunday.

Oh, and guess what was waiting for me when I got back to work on Wednesday? 
My 2 new Panama hats!  Direct from Ecuador. I'll see if I can work in a few pics to share.


How many of you remember this 1966 hit oldie, Summer in the City
by The Lovin Spoonful?
(be sure to click the link to listen to the song)

"Summer in the City" is a song recorded by The Lovin' Spoonful, written by John Sebastian, Mark Sebastian and Steve BooneIt appeared on their album Hums of the Lovin' Spoonful, and reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in August 1966, for three consecutive weeks. The song features a series of car horns during the instrumental bridge, starting with a Volkswagen Beetle horn, and ends up with a jackhammer sound, in order to give the impression of the sounds of the summer in the city. 
The song is ranked number 401 on Rolling Stone's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
Hot Town Summer in the City
San Francisco in the summer source

Whatever you have planned (or don't)...Hope you enjoy your weekend?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment