Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Jeanette and Jorge find their "perfect love" in Puerto Vallarta - HGTV House Hunters International

I've been watching House Hunters International for quite a while. It started with my love affair with Paris and my Paris blog.  I love the episodes with Adrian Leeds (I interviewed her for my blog).  So I pay special attention to all of the Paris episodes but I enjoy Italy and Spain as well.  And now that we've decided to relocate to Costa Rica, of course I've been paying attention to those episodes as well.  I watch the shows and then archive them for future reference.

Well, a couple of Saturdays ago we were sitting around catching up on some of my DVR'd shows and I noticed it had recorded an HGTV House Hunters International episode from Mexico. Mexico?  Since we have no plans to move to Mexico I usually delete any Mexico episodes without watching.

But for some reason I decided to play this one. We were sitting there munching on some popcorn, not really pay much attention, when all of a sudden I looked up and right there on the TV screen was my good friend Jeannette Pai-Espinosa from Portland!  OMG! I screamed and did a double take. She was there with her hubby Jorge and they were buying a condo in Puerto Vallarta!

Looks like it's RETIREMENT time for Jeanette & Jorge. 
Puerto Vallarta Mexico
I met Jeannette about 5 years ago, she is President at The National Crittenton Foundation.


Established with a social justice mission in 1883, The National Crittenton Foundation and its family of agencies support girls, young women, and their families living at the margin of the American dream overcome major obstacles rooted in circumstances not of their own making. - See more  

Jeanette & I met when I contacted Crittenton to help me with my family search (Looking for the Truth). She was very helpful and even flew me to Portland to share what information the organization had.  A few years later she invited me to attend the 1st Crittenton reunion event in Orlando Fl.  I was the surprise guest speaker!  What a great lady and what an honor!

If you are interested in my personal connection with the Crittenton Foundation you can read my story Looking for the Truth here
Crittenton home in the 1950s
But back to Mexico....

Emptying The Nest In Puerto Vallarta 
HHINT-7004H
About the Episode
After long and stressful careers in Portland, Oregon, the Espinosas are retiring in the Latin city they love, but the dream of living in Puerto Vallarta means two very different things to Jorge and Jeannette. For Jorge, the party is just getting started so he wants a low maintenance downtown condo. Jeannette wants a big house with room for their grown children to always feel welcome. But in Puerto Vallarta’s growing housing market, real estate agent Taniel Chemsian knows his divided clients have to come to a consensus before they get priced out. Find out if Jorge will get the downtown empty nest he wants or if family needs will cramp his style.
watch the full episode

Congrats to Jeanette & Jorge. I can't wait to visit them in Mexico!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment