Friday, December 12, 2014

What's more important than a pretty dress? Standing up for Justice!

It rained again today. il pleut des cordes! They say "it's the worst storm to hit the Bay Area in the last 5 years!"

and...

Although lots and lots of people took the day off, I put on my rubber boots, stood out in the wind and pouring rain, waited for the bus, with umbrella blown inside out, made my way through the flooded streets to my office.


Now that weekend is here, I just can't summon up enough energy or enthusiasm to rummage through my closet looking for an interesting outfit to share.

and...

Somehow, it just seems so trivial when there are so many important social, economic and political events happening in the U.S and around the world.

Many are happening right in my own backyard! (Oakland, Berkeley)

There have been daily and ongoing protests in our local cities which ignited with the death of Michael Brown, but whose roots go much deeper than that.

Yes, it's been a rough week.

and...






Please listen to my weekend oldie jam pick

A Change is Gonna Come
Sam Cooke 1964








I'll be lending my voice to the protests taking place on Saturday

What will you stand up for?

Whatever you have planned (or don't). Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment