Monday, December 1, 2014

Suround yourself ONLY with the things you LOVE!

About a month ago my brother told me about a book "The life changing magic of Tidying upby Marie Kondo.
Kondo’s book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organising, is an international bestseller. She has been the subject of a movie in Japan and the waiting list for her services, once three months long, is now so extensive she has temporarily stopped accepting more clients.

Anything that doesn’t make you happy or isn’t absolutely necessary should be touched, thanked and sent on its way, the bestselling Japanese author says


Decluttering helps to clear the mind


The results can be life changing, she says. Clients suddenly find themselves surrounded entirely by things that provide clarity, unencumbered by belongings that carry baggage (unwanted gifts, clothes that no longer fit) or anxieties about the future. Even her book, she says, should be quickly discarded when it’s no longer needed.


To make the transition easier, focus on what you want to keep!

What a great feeling it would be if we were surrounded only by the things we love!


I'm not there yet

This is only the beginning for me, but I plan to continue in this same spirit until I have rid myself of the tons of clothing, shoes, papers, documents, and household goods that are currently weighing me down.

(BTW for me this also includes people!)

What's weighing you down?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment