Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hat attack!

day #3
The parade of hats continues
 and today is green hat day! 

I have several green hats and they are by far my favorites. 


A custom crochet hat
made by my firend Adrienne




People have been covering their heads since time immemorial

There are a many, manyways to pull off a wearing a hat without looking like you’re playing dress-up.


Initially hats offered protection from the elements and from injury from falling rocks, weapons or masonry.


Later hats became a symbol of status and authority.


Soon after that, hats progressed to become not only a uniform, but also an art form.


In fashion terms, hats are a very noticeable accessory because the onlooker’s attention is first drawn to the face.



A few of my favorite things!

please stop back tomorrow for "my  hats" day 4
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment