Saturday, July 4, 2015

Authentically me!

Happy 4th of July!!

I'm Baaack!!!

It's Independence Day and I'm very happy to be back blogging again with a bunch of new topics to discuss. 

When I first decided to go with a new design, I was going to hire a professional blog designer to redo the blog for me. I even sent in my money, but while I was waiting for my designer to contact me, I got to thinking about some of the frustrating experiences I had with a previous blog designer. I decided it would be better for me to redo the blog myself. After all, I've created and designed 4 other blogs.  For me, the process of explaining my design perspective to a designer via email is difficult. Plus, although the words on my blog design request form said I wanted "a simple, neutral design" (an unrealistic dream) folks, I do not have a simple, neutral personality!!  My heart knew that it was inevitable that the artsy, colorful, creative side of me would eventually prevail.  So, why waste the money?

I decided to do the redesign myself. 

During my thought process, I struggled with which direction to take the blog. And, it was REALLY hard to add the line "sixty and beyond".  A part of me wanted to leave it out altogether for fear of losing readers who would equate being 60 with being old. Really old! (not true of course!!) I pondered using some "clever" substitute in the title, but in the end I decided to go with the truth.

Getting to OK
I decided to use that words "authentically me" over my photo on the sidebar and on my "About" page to remind myself to always be true to who I am.

 This is a Lifestyle Blog
Hot New Topics
I still love it!! You will continue to see fashions. The important thing is I am going to be downsizing. So the fashions will change along with the size of my closet. My goal in the end will be fewer outfits with pieces that I Love and want to wear. That is not the case today. 
My 2nd love after fashion is design. Jewelry, art, interiors, whatever! I am a glass artist and at one point I considered a career in interior design. Eventually we will be making a move and a new home in a new country so I thought design would be quite appropriate and a nice addition to the blog.

If you know me, you know I live to travel! Lots yet to see and places to go. Nuff said

I think we all want to live a more centered life. There are NO rules. See all in love and everything as connected. Being innately guided by your heart rather than mislead by your ego. It's not always so easy but there are things that we can do. 
Let's start a conversation. 
I'm not much of a cook so don't expect to find a lot of fancy recipes, instead look for recipes, tips and suggestions on how to eat more healthy. We have even started a garden. My desire is to transition to more healthy eating.  
Boomer Corner - "We Matter"
76.4 million baby boomers represent close to one-quarter of the estimated population of 314 million. 
BTW  - in case you have not committed to memory what age is what generation  (I always forget too) - Millennials (whom we define as between ages 18 to 34 in 2015) are projected to number 75.3 million, surpassing the projected 74.9 million Boomers (ages 51 to 69). The Gen X population (ages 35 to 50 in 2015) is projected to outnumber the Boomers by 2028. 
 ~~~~~
At some point I plan to add vlogs (live video). Currently no date but it will definitely happen when I relocate to Costa Rica.
be sure to check out each link on the menu bar 
Please find trending posts under your desired topic -- on the sidebar .
(The pages on the menu bar are static and will not update). 
Why miss a single post?
SIGN UP FOR AUTOMATIC EMAIL UPDATES 
And
As Always
Thank you for reading

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment