Friday, April 15, 2016

Retire and don't look back

I am finally 2 weeks from retirement! I can hardly believe it. I remember when it was 4 years away. I thought the day would never come. I have now begun the final countdown and it feels so good!!

My colleagues at work gave me a retirement party and dinner last night. It was really nice. They are really a fun group and I am going to miss them.

The celebration started with a cake and a gift at lunch and then dinner at a cool little restaurant in San Francisco. 


Marsh PCS Client Advisors

carrot cake from Cafe Madeline They make the BEST desserts

Dinner @ Gitane
This is a really nice restaurant and very pretty inside. I highly recommend it if you want to enjoy a nice dinner in the city





Celebration starts with a complimentary champagne toast




Flatbread "Del Dia"


Oysters on the half shell

Basque Braised Short ribs

Navarra Trout

Glenrothes 1998 Single Malt Whiskey
My 1st venture into the world of Scotch


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I missed the dinner, but happy was there for carrot cake! Looking forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Let me know if you ever get over to Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your retirement and good luck in all of your future endeavors! I'm a fellow "over 50" blogger from "Between the Lines". So nice to get to meet other bloggers my age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa - Thank you for stopping by. You are so right we are "aging like a fine wine" Nice to meet you too. Hope you'll come back sometime.

      Delete