Thursday, October 30, 2014

Do you swish for health? It's not as crazy as it sounds

I know, I've been sort of missing in action lately, but I have a good excuse.  I've been super busy over on one of my other blogs, following the adventures of my friend Ashlea on her recent trip to Costa Rica.  She arrived back in Dallas this past week and her trip was a-mazing!! We also had a major shake up in my office when 4 people left on the same day. So of course now that we are down SIX people it's crazy busy!!!

Anyway, I'll be back soon and plan to post some new fashion pics but today I come to you in my robe. I wanted to stop by and tell you about something I've been doing. I've been swishing or "oil pulling"as it's called. You may have heard of it as it is getting a lot press lately. (As a matter of fact I'm doing it right now as I write this post)

I'm a BIG supporter and a firm believer in coconut oil having witnessed many of its benefits first hand. There are so many ways it can be helpful. So when I heard about yet another use for coconut oil it didn't take too much to convince me to try it.


I have been using coconut oil daily for supplementation and as a facial and body oil.  I now swish with it in the morning. This is my second week. So far I have noticed that my teeth seem to be whiter and my mouth feels very clean after (this is what most people notice right off). I also experienced increased energy.  I've read that it can also help with cavities, promote healthy gums, clear skin, better sleep, clear sinuses, decrease migraines and much more.


What is oil pulling?

It is an ancient Ayurvedic practice, celebs Gwyneth Paltrow and Shailene Woodley swear by it.
This ancient cleansing method is meant to eliminate bacteria and microorganisms and, along the way, detoxify the body’s lymph nodes, glands, and even skin by default. 









Why does it work?

Experts explain that the healing process happens when the oil moves vigorously around the oral cavity, since many chronic diseases are caused by bacteria that stick to the roots of the teeth the vitamins and minerals of the oil will be absorbed by the mucous membranes, which in turn will absorb the toxins and flush them out of your body before they inflict serious harm to your health.


Here's the first video review I watched
Check it out
It wasn't really that bad - the blonde is a wuss



Not recommended for impatient ones as It takes a couple of weeks to start seeing changes 
but if you would like to know more
heres the official website for more information
oilpulling.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

  1. This is great...thanks so much for posting...great information! I'm going to start ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be prepared, it will feel like a glob in your mouth at first but it really liquifies quick. Start with a little less than a teaspoon and do for 15 minutes. Try to find something to do so you don't dwell on the time. Let me know your results!

    ReplyDelete