Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Girlfriend code - thou shalt not judge your friend

Research shows that it IS important for women to have female friends in our lives. The majority of us begin fostering those relationships when we are young children. The friendship model changes as we grow but seems to maintain itself through junior high, high school and even into college. Our friendships can take a turn when we get married and begin raising our families and then for many of us turn once again as we enter middle age. I have certainly noticed that my girlfriends have become fewer as I age.  I think it is partly because as I have aged I have discovered that drama no longer serves me, and so the friends that I had whose lives were all about drama and problems, have fallen away. This has left me with great friendships that I cherish with women who are happy with themselves and supportive as friends.  I think we now have much happier and deeper relationships.

Me and one of my best friends shopping in Paris (2011).
Both in our 60's, we have been friends for almost 40 years! 
(She will never see this picture because she doesn't read blogs! As most of my friends do not read blogs. ) 


Here are some of the girlfriend codes

no one upping
no friend poaching
don't mix business and friendship
thou shalt always choose your girlfriend's side in a break up - no matter what
don't date your friend's ex
thou shalt always tell the truth about your friend's appearance (very important - more on this later)
thou shall not judge your friend
#1 thou shalt always forgive and forget - life is way too short to hold a grudge

Shine Theory says that, we shine when the people around us shine. We are who we associate with. 


What do you think?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment