Saturday, June 28, 2014

Here comes the weekend wrap up and my favorite oldie jam pick

Power of Lover
Huey Lewis and The News 1985

Jeannie Mai photo source
I know I'm a day late with this post but ...

This weekend is going to be a SOCCER filled weekend.  I am really loving the games.  I hear soccer is catching on here in the US too - finally.  The other night I watched THREE games!  I'm recording them, so I have to watch them each night before someone tells me (or I read or hear) the score somewhere else.  If I find out the score before I have had time to watch, I erase the game. (ain't nobody got time for that!)

So today is Colombia.  LOVIN this team.  Especially since we will be visiting Colombia in the spring and one of our discussion group member's is dating a lady from Cartagena.  We'll be watching this game at my place.

AND...Costa Rica is doing a bangin job and since it is the object of our relocation plan (at least for a few years after retirement), watching them kick some serious butt, is really fun!!  They play on Sunday.

My old favorite, Spain, was out early. (sad face)

In case you can't tell, I  really love music!

How many of you remember this 1985 hit, "Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and The News?
(be sure to click on the link above and listen to the song)

photo source

"The Power of Love", also called "Power of Love", is a 1985 single by Huey Lewis and The News written for and featured in the 1985 blockbuster film Back to the Future. It gave the band their first number-one hit on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.

Huey Lewis was born in New York City but he is a local fixture around our neck of the woods!

Did you know?

Huey Lewis was raised in Marin County, California, attending Strawberry Point Elementary School where he skipped second grade?

and....
When he was 13, his parents divorced and he attended and later graduated from the Lawrenceville School in New Jersey, in 1967, where he achieved a perfect score of 800 on the math portion of the SAT.

Out and about town:

Huey Lewis and The News will be appearing at the Marin County Fair Wednesday July 2nd


Dress for Success San Francisco's  9th Annual Fashion Gala with Banana Republic
photo source
Last week I missed the Dress for Success San Francisco's 9th Annual Fashion Gala - It occurred on the same day we launched our diversity resource group at work, so I could not attend.

However, my daughter Farryn (who works for an advertising PR firm) and btw this is her charity of choice, attended the event.  Jeannie Mai (fashion expert and host of Style Networks's How Do I Look) sat at her table.  All night long she texted me snippets and video from the event.  In the end, Jeannie did a special little shout out and fashion tip video dedicated to me .  So cool.  I can't figure out how to get it off my phone to share but just take it from me, I was over the top with joy!  My plan was to meet and speak/interview her about women and fashion over 50.  So a big thanks to Jeannie and my daughter, Farryn, for helping me out.

And, if there is no soccer watching for you - well... then just relax and enjoy your weekend!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment