Friday, July 25, 2014

On the Beach

Did I mention that we are planning to move to Costa Rica?  (Ha Ha of course I did)

And...anytime you are planning to move,  you have to P-L-A-N!

Which is exactly what I'm doing.

Did you know you can actually drive all the way from Alaska to the lower extremities of South America?

If you're so inclined.

We're not.

And - We're not moving until 2016, but we are making an exploratory trip soon and I have to get our itinerary lined up, book hotels, air, etc.

So, I'll be a little m.i.a while we get things together.

but...my weekend classic oldie jam pick is
On the Beach
Chris Rea (1986)

In the meantime, if you want to see what I'm up to, you can always check me out over on my travel blog, I'm Just Sayin.  I've also made some connections with people who are currently living in Costa Rica (by using Facebook, blogs and online forums).  Through networking you can learn a lot about a place (and most people are very helpful).

I'll be trying to determine what to take on my trip (meaning how many outfits and suitcases?).
I'll still be checking in here to post as well and keep you in the loop, but maybe not quite as regular, until I can get the trip settled.

We didn't take a vacation (outside the country) this year so I'm pretty excited!!


We love the Caribbean Sea.
There is no water prettier.  Well, maybe there is, but we love the Caribbean. 


We're looking into living in a beach town 


Costa Rica is bordered by the Pacific Ocean on the west and the Caribbean Sea on the east. 


Here's something you may not have known
The Pacific Ocean covers a whopping 60,060,700 square miles (it's massive and the largest ocean)
About twice the size of the Atlantic
The Caribbean Sea is a mere 1,049,500 square miles

You can drive on the Pan American highway from Alaska to South America.  It goes through 23 different countries!

Wish me Luck!

On the Beach by Chris Rea
Christopher Anton "Chris" Rea (age 63) is an English singer-songwriter, recognizable for his distinctive, husky voice and slide guitar playing. The British Hit Singles & Albums stated that  Chris Rea was "one of the most popular UK singer-songwriters of the late 1980s. 


Whatever you have planned (or don't)....I hope you enjoy your weekend
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment