Tuesday, November 3, 2015

//15//

Happy Birthday to my Sisterlocks! 11/3/2000

15 years ago today I began my natural hair journey with a natural hairstyle called Sisterlocks (which is actually a lifestyle)

I cut off all my relaxed hair and then let it grow back (in its natural state), until it got to be about 3 inches long. 

What are Sisterlocks - Not braids and not extensions. No hair is added. Sisterlocks are a uniquely beautiful hairstyle consisting of relatively tiny and uniform locs founded in 1993 by Dr. JoAnne Cornwell. The locs are created using a trademarked locking technique: a precision parting grid and a special tool that place the hair into its locking formation.

then



now







 It was one of the best decisions I ever made!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment