Thursday, June 12, 2014

You are cordially invited to attend a summer picnic wedding...


We have not attended a wedding in a very long time.  With most of our children now adults, not many of our friends or close acquaintances are still getting married at this stage of our lives.  So I have to admit, I had not heard the term picnic wedding prior to receiving an invitation from some close friends of ours.

As it turns out, picnic weddings are a unique, new, up and coming wedding trend.  I love that many of our friends are nontraditional.  The laid-back, California picnic wedding choice is perfect for this unconventional couple. 


The venue will be a beautiful Bay Area park. The cozy outdoor ceremony will take place
Date: Saturday, June 21, 2014 
Time: The ceremony starts promptly at 2:30pm 
followed by the picnic reception   

The weather should be spectacular.

There is nothing better than a warm, sunny Bay Area day and a wedding!

It should be a magical and unforgettable event and we are looking forward to attending.



The path to the park


My dilemma......

Attire
Semi-formal to Casual attire. (We want you to be happy and comfortable for our day!) Please note that we will be on blankets in the grass for the picnic style reception after the ceremony, and also that some of the path in the park may be unpaved or gravel, so consider your footwear accordingly.
I have NO idea what to wear. We'll be sitting on the ground, so probably not a dress. Maybe a hat is in order as well....

I'll try to post some of my clothing options as I narrow down my choices
Stay tuned


Has anyone attended a picnic wedding? Have any idea of what to wear?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment