Friday, September 26, 2014

Here comes the weekend - Does it make scents?

Happy Friday everyone!
 What are you doing this weekend?

I have a full weekend.  On Saturday I have a hair appointment. Going to experiment with a couple of new styles. I am really bad at changing my hair style and totally uncreative where my hair is concerned.  My hair has gotten so long that I can't think of anything to do with it. The extent of my creativity is the ponytail. Do I wear it high or a low?  B O R I N G!

I'm actually thinking of cutting it to maybe midway down my back.  That won't happen until February (prior to our Costa Rica trip).  At the same time I will touch up the color and redo some highlights. I only color once a year since it is really bad for my hair.

I forwarded a couple of hair style pictures to my Sisterlocks consultant and we discussed the possibility of doing a new style.  We'll see.

My Friday Classic oldie jam pick
is
Crystal Blue Persuasion
Tommy James and the Shondells 1969

On Saturday afternoon we have our regular weekly meeting. This week we have a new member who is thinking of going with us on our Costa Rica exploration trip in Match.

Later that evening we're going to party with some friends who are celebrating  a birthday.

Come Sunday, it's FOOTBALL!

Trying out a head wrap - I did it all myself!
Outfit is jacket, top and pants from Bryn Walker

On another topic, you may have noticed that I added a link on my sidebar called "Currently Wearing" In the future, I plan to use this area to highlight some of my favorite things.
This week I am featuring my favorite (and newest) perfume.  It's called Velvet Rose and Oud by Jo Malone.

Be sure to wash your skin and apply a lotion before applying your perfume since fragrances last longer on clean, moist skin. Apply perfume immediately after a bath or shower, when possible. Otherwise, thoroughly wash and lotion the areas where you plan on applying perfume.



I LOVE a good scent

Here are a few more perfume tips

Don't Rub Your Wrists Together

Rubbing your wrists (which I have a habit of doing)  may limit the length of time your scent lasts. There are three notes that make up a fragrance, and these are also what holds its scent. When you rub your wrists together, the friction and heat burn through the top and middle note, making your perfume spritz a complete waste of time.

Apply to the pulse points

Body heat is the main activator of perfume, therefore applying it to pulse points are your best options. Try applying it to your wrists, neck, behind your knees, ankles and chest. Remember: pick your placement wisely, and don’t overdo it. Try two to three places AT MOST!
Application to your clothes and hair is okay as well, but not ideal as the fragrance won’t be projected as much without your body heat.

Don't Leave the Bottle Out On Your Vanity

This is the first time I've heard this but as pretty as your bottle may be, fragrances last the longest in the refrigerator. Though keeping your scents next to your fruits and veggies may gross you out, it is the best storage option for them. The alternative to is keep them in a dark, cool environment as far away from direct sunlight and heat. The heat from the sun will break down the fragrance faster and can even change the way it smells!

Find Your individual Fragrance Scent

Remember that the way a fragrance smells on someone else is going to be different from how it smells on you. Your body’s chemistry is unique to you and it completes the outcome of the fragrance once it’s applied. A best practice is to try it out before you run out and buy it. Sample, sample sample!

How many of you remember the 1969 hit oldie, Crystal Blue Persuasion
by Tommy James and the Shondells 
 (Be sure to click the link to listen to the song)


still good words to live by....
(song lyrics)

Look over yonder
What do you see?
The sun is a'rising
Most definitely

A new day is coming, ooh, ooh
People are changing
Ain't it beautiful, ooh, ooh
Crystal blue persuasion


Whatever you have planned (or don't)...Hope you enjoy your weekend.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment