Monday, January 4, 2016

And the winner is....Simply "Devine"!

A month ago I started out to see if I could come up with a perfume scent I would like, using only pure essential oils. I mixed up 4 different recipes in my kitchen and let them marinate for about 30 days. On Xmas I unveiled the scents and chose a winner.


Perfume #1 was OK but a bit too lemongrassy
Perfume #2 was a little too orangey
Perfume #3 was so awful I threw it in the toilet


and so the winner was Perfume #4
I named it Devine a nickname given to me by my brother


I actually like it a lot. The problem is, I have to get way better in my record keeping because when I went back over my chart....I couldn't figure out exactly which oils I put in the bottle or exactly how many drops of ea (oops). So...I am left guessing the actual contents of Devine. I do remember improvising and putting in more drops of scents I really liked (i.e more rose, amber and neroli) As for the rest of the ingredients, I'm pretty sure they include jasmine, frankincense, chamomile and bergamot.

Oh well. I like it and I have whole bottle of it. So that's a good thing. I'll figure it out next time.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment