Friday, May 9, 2014

Got Wrinkles?

Don't we feel better when we have women who embrace their aging honestly? Aren't those lines on our faces in fact a road map of our lives -- aren't they the placeholders of our stories?

I love to share stories of women. I'm always on the hunt for stories from women of a certain age.  As women, we should share stories and support each other more. We are part of a universal sisterhood and there is value in each of our stories.

Today a story about Carter

Feeling young at 65ish, wrinkles for Carter (her nickname that unveils her tom-girl charm) are just another natural and beloved extension of who she is, similar to her lifelong obsession with the romance of the torn, weathered, and tattered things that stuff her house and closet to the brim.“I look at the face of my beautiful mother (who’s 93 years old and has birthed and raised nine children), and it has lines, sun marks, and some damage, but I still think to myself, ‘I want my mother’s face.’ She is my heart and bones.” 

Read more about Carter

Do you learned to love your wrinkles?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment