Sunday, May 11, 2014

It's my birthday and I'll shop if I want to!

On Friday May 9 (the day following my 64th birthday), my plan was to sleep in (got up at 7:30) take the girls out for a walk and then head out to Walnut Creek around opening time to shop and take pics of the shop.


Navy & white stripe pants, navy shirt and denim 1969 jacket all from the Gap
Red tote bag from Cuyana


Everything went pretty much as planned and I arrived around 11:30.


I had a chance to catch up with my friend and store manager Sherry while I scoped out the newest styles and colors. I love going to Bryn Walker because the styles remain pretty constant while the colors change by season and there is always some new style or a twist on an old style to keep things interesting.  Great for wardrobe building. I think almost everything in the collection is washable. I've been wearing her clothes for close to 20  years now. The clothing suits me just fine as I am not a fan of fitted clothing anymore.









I picked out some of the new colors, tomato red, green, an interesting shade of brown and a very cute blue number .




this was my least favorite outfit. Color not quite right for my skin tone


 Really liked this outfit - a lot



the tomato red was yummy as well


necklace is handmade fabric Africa print necklace


This was my favorite of all. I think it will be versatile. With 20% off sale the total is $269 just for the 2 piece top. Currently placed on hold



I ended up buying the black top (shown in the dressing room photo and a red sweater (not shown)
They are perfect additions to my wardrobe.

Still thinking about this beautiful blue outfit.

What do you think?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

  1. Love your shopping outfit...need to get a pair of those pants so I can duplicate it! Looks like a fun birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete